skip to main | skip to sidebar

Pages

  • Home
  • Delicious Gifts
  • Cookbooks

A Lemich in the Kitchen

my virtual cookbook

Cake Mix Cookies

5:15 PM | Publish by Sarah

Cake Mix Cookies


I promise I will try to get back to healthy recipes, and halt all the desserts and sweets. You can totally tell where my cravings have been these past 2 weeks! I am not a cake fan, so I have had a box of cake mix in the cupboard for months. I decided to make cake mix cookies. I also decided to health-ify them, just slightly.
I learned that you can use applesauce as a butter substitute. 1/2 C butter = 1/2 C applesauce. I decided that a cookie still needed a little fat in it, so I decided to try half butter, half apple sauce. Hopefully as I continue to eat healthier, I will one day be able to skip the butter entirely.

Ingredients:

1 box cake mix (I used chocolate fudge)
1/4 C butter- softened, near melting
1/4 C applesauce- heaping
1 Egg
2TB water 

mix ins- I used 4 chopped up mini snickers candy bars and about 3/4 C chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Dump cake mix, butter, and applesauce into bowl and mix fairly well. Stir in egg and water.  It will most likely still look very powdery. So MIX MIX MIX, and then after about a minute or two, the powder will be gone and a soft dough will have formed.
2. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, candy, sprinkles etc.
3. Drop 1-1.5 inch balls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. 
For the chocolate cookies, it is hard to tell when they are done, I waited until mine were cracked on the top.



Labels: dessert, party food 0 comments
0 Responses

« Newer Post Older Post »
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Labels

  • appetizer (7)
  • bread (2)
  • breakfast (6)
  • dessert (10)
  • dinner (10)
  • drinks (1)
  • fruit (4)
  • grill (1)
  • party food (15)
  • snacks (7)
  • soup (1)

Meet the Chef

My photo
Sarah
During my 4 years of undergrad, I kept a bucket list of everything I would do if I wasn't in school. Two things on the list I am ready to accomplish are: spend more time in the kitchen, and attend culinary school. While culinary school will have to wait, the time has come to step foot in the kitchen and release my inner creativity. June 2012 I married the love of my life. He is pretty much the greatest man ever. I am so happy to spend my life with someone who always supports my wild ideas.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
People who love to eat are always the best people. Julia Child

My Blog List

  • Bake or Break
    Blackberry Buckle
  • Six Sisters' Stuff
    Perfect Fried Pork Chops
  • Dessert First
    Hojicha Strawberry Cream Puffs
  • Life. Love. & Lemichs
    May Day
  • 80 Breakfasts
    Lemon Butter Chicken

Follow Me

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (3)
    • ►  June (3)
  • ▼  2013 (25)
    • ▼  July (11)
      • Shrimp Tacos
      • Califlower Pizza Crust
      • Blueberry Crumb Cake
      • S'mores Treats
      • Cake Mix Cookies
      • Lemon Mokey Bread
      • LaRae's Apple Fritter Bites
      • French Macarons
      • Hot Dog Buns
      • Denae's Zuppa Toscana
      • Microwave Lasagna
    • ►  June (14)
  • ►  2012 (4)
    • ►  March (4)

Labels

  • appetizer (7)
  • bread (2)
  • breakfast (6)
  • dessert (10)
  • dinner (10)
  • drinks (1)
  • fruit (4)
  • grill (1)
  • party food (15)
  • snacks (7)
  • soup (1)
Copyright (c) 2010 A Lemich in the Kitchen. Design by Template Lite
Download Blogger Templates And Directory Submission.